The International Documentary Film Festival Santiago Álvarez In Memoriam, exhibits works related to its memory and incidence all along these years, and seeks new proposals that they allow its enrichment. Within the framework of this edition, the IV Photo Competition will take place, in this opportunity under the title The solidarity with the interest of legitimizing, through photo images the facts of the world of today.
BASIS FOR THE COMPETITION:
- Both for amateur as well as for professional photographers, without distinction of nationality, sex, age, race, religious credo or residence place.
- The technique to use will be free (either analogical or digital photos), the topic will be: The solidarity, keeping in mind the news in the picture.
- The work presentation format should be no less than 30 x 40 cm and not bigger than 50 x 60 cm. Each artist will be able to send series or independent works. The series should not exceed the amount of five (5) photos each. But as a total participants can send up to ten (10) works, in two series or as independent works, either in black and white or in color.
- Participants should send with their works a biographical record or curriculum.
- The jury will be formed by outstanding international specialists who will select and give an award to winning works and there will be no right of appeal against the ruling.
- There will be a main prize and as many mentions as the jury deems convenient.
- The works sent can be donated to the Festival collections, without seeking any profit, and always respecting copyrights of the authors.
- Participants shall send via e-mail (in low resolution) a copy of each work and their respective data: title of the work or of the series (if there is one), date in which the work was finished, full name of the author or authors, country, technique, sizes, telephone, postal address and e-address.
- Participants should pay for the shipping and handling and the organization of the event will take care of the refund (if so demanded).
- The Call will be open up to January 30th, 2017.
- Participation in the competition entails the full acceptance of these bases, regarding all its standards and conditions.
- At the closing ceremony of the International Documentary Film Festival awards will be announced and they will be distributed via e-mail to all participants and interested parties.
- Winning and selected pieces will be exhibited in one of the important art galleries in Santiago de Cuba.
- Copies of the works should be send in low resolution to the following addresses: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com to guarantee registration, selection and evaluation by the working commission.
- Originals shall be sent by postal mail to the following address:
Oficina Santiago Álvarez
Festival Internacional de Documentales Santiago Álvarez In Memoriam
Presidente: Lázara Herrera
Calle 23 No. 1155, 3er. Piso, Vedado, Plaza
La Habana, Cuba